Thursday, March 8, 2012

Brainstorming with My Peeps

Josh and Cortnie both wrote on topics that overlapped mine so I read through their papers to not only get some ideas for my own ongoing project but also to hopefully be able to help them with theirs. I left comments on each of their posts (they can be accessed through the links provided above) but have copy and pasted them here as well:

Josh:
I'm thinking we should collaborate on the next phase of this project. As I was reading through your paper I just kept thinking that so much of your argument would back mine up and vice versa. I'm thinking that I'm going to try to go the academic essay --> personal essay --> video essay route that I explained in my post. I think we could do that together by combining ideas from both of our academic essays into one personal essay that could then be turned into a video essay. It will take some work but let's get brainstorming.

Cortnie:
You mentioned that the idea of creating your own piece of fanfiction for Shakespeare was silly and I disagree. To me that seems like a very fitting direction to take this. In your paper you argue for fanfiction's relevance and I can't think of a better way to back up your claims than to create some Shakespeare fanfiction and then maybe include some commentary on the ways that it has opened the original work up to you. It seems you were talking about fanfiction as a sort of stepping stone to professional adaptations and/or academic responses and I think it would be cool to see you go through that process and document it along the way. Maybe you could include a running commentary with your fanfiction piece that explains the new insights you are gaining about the play.

No comments:

Post a Comment