Friday, March 2, 2012

Another Round of Social Proof

I had a really hard time figuring how to structure my argument for this paper and ended up writing three completely different versions of the first couple pages. The basic question I was hoping to answer--why is Shakespeare still so relevant in contemporary film?--stayed the same but my approach in answering that question varied quite a bit in each of these drafts.

For my final draft I decided to incorporate a comparison with Christopher Nolan's film Inception. That film deals with many of the same Jungian concepts I was already planning on addressing in my argument so it wasn't as radical a change as it might seem.

I spoke with Ellie and Josh (who are both in our class) about my new approach and proposed outline and they both gave me really good feedback. It was nice to get their opinion because I have discussed my paper from the beginning with each of them so they had a good idea of the full development of my idea.

In addition, I thought it would be helpful to get some feedback from someone who hadn't seen any of my previous attempts. I work at BYU's Writing Center so I brought in my first couple pages and got feedback from a few of my fellow tutors. This was extremely helpful because they all expressed interest in the topic and said they thought it was a great approach. It was nice to get a last vote of confidence from multiple people before I spent hours writing the full draft of the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment